Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plotting project events in a horizontal bar-type chart

Hello and thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer me.

I have created a spreadsheet to manage ongoing tasks. There are three main
things from the spreadsheet I would quite like to be able to chart and
monitor - start date and end date for each task as well as the task name. I
envision the x axis as a timeline and task names along the y axis. Each task
would have its own vertical space and horizontal bar to start at the start
date of the task and to finish at the end date of the task.

The benefit of the chart would be to see how many things we are doing at
once/back to back/etc.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

See Jon Peltier's article on gantt charts in excel

And his website pages
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

Cheers