Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Timesheet - calculating hours per project type

I'm trying to create a monthly timesheet that is based on hours worked on
each project as well as each project type.

Column A = project name
Column B = drop down list to choose from three project types (below)
Column C = total hours per project
Below the spreadsheet is "Total hours by Project - Dev _____

Maint_____

Support_____"
I'm trying to say =if anything in column B says Dev add the corresponding
cell in column C to total all dev hours.

I'm so new at excell, if anyone can help it would be appreciated