Niq

Default Calculating hours for a timesheet

I am trying to create a worksheet where I can enter my start & end times and
then use that figure to calculate my hourly fee in dollars. I have separate
columns for the start & end times, another column that calculates what the
difference between those is (but it shows it in h:mm format), so I have
another column that converts that to a decimal (using the INT function), a
column that has the hourly fee & a column for the final rate. Is there a way
to eliminate the extra column with the h:mm format?
Steve

=(C4-B4)*24*D4

Where
C4 = finisht time
B4 = start Time
D4 = hourly rate

If you want to understand more about dates and times see:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

Steve

"Niq" wrote in message
I am trying to create a worksheet where I can enter my start & end times
and
then use that figure to calculate my hourly fee in dollars. I have
separate
columns for the start & end times, another column that calculates what the
difference between those is (but it shows it in h:mm format), so I have
another column that converts that to a decimal (using the INT function), a
column that has the hourly fee & a column for the final rate. Is there a
way
to eliminate the extra column with the h:mm format?

Biff

Hi!

You can eliminate the difference column and the decimal
column:

A2 = Start
B2 = End
C2 = Difference