Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart Template Default Directroy excel 2007

I used to be able save a User Defined Chart Type to file XLUSRGAL.XLS
in Excel 97/03 on my (otherwise heavily restricted) Company Network
and use VBA to read and apply usertypes to xy scatter charts (up to
20 series to multi-format error bars and spoof markers etc). Very
powerful I think. I could see the location of XLUSRGAL.xls in my
personal profile.

However my Company is moving to a Citrix thin client desktop with
upgrade to Excel 2007. I am restricted from writing to, and reading
from, the Chart Template default directory. I suspect that might
remain the case for a very long time

Is there any way Excel 2007 could be redirected programatically or
otherwise to read and apply Chart Templates from a directory I CAN
create and save to?

One other thought: I don't use Chart.Add to generate the 6 charts I
create daily.I use Chart .Copy. I copy a hidden chart 6 times with
everything selectable on it deleted. Then basically some tidied up
code from a macro including applying the usertype. This was to repeate
some event programming (mouse_down etc) withut having to get into
classes.Could I use this technique to replicate my chart type. I have
a copy of XLUSRGAL.XLS

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you're doing this programmatically, you can put the template wherever you
want, so long as the IT militia have given you some directories you can
write to. Put your chart in a workbook as the only sheet in the workbook,
and save the workbook as a macro-enabled Excel 2007 workbook, in a directory
you have permission to access. Then use this syntax to insert the chart:

Sub InsertAChart()
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add _
Type:="C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My
Documents\Templates\MyChart.xlsm"
End Sub

- Jon
-------