Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Boxey Boxey is offline

Default Chart Template Default Directroy excel 2007

I used to be able save a User Defined Chart Type to file XLUSRGAL.XLS
in Excel 97/03 on my (otherwise heavily restricted) Company Network
and use VBA to read and apply usertypes to xy scatter charts (up to
20 series to multi-format error bars and spoof markers etc). Very
powerful I think. I could see the location of XLUSRGAL.xls in my
personal profile.

However my Company is moving to a Citrix thin client desktop with
upgrade to Excel 2007. I am restricted from writing to, and reading
from, the Chart Template default directory. I suspect that might
remain the case for a very long time

Is there any way Excel 2007 could be redirected programatically or
otherwise to read and apply Chart Templates from a directory I CAN
create and save to?

One other thought: I don't use Chart.Add to generate the 6 charts I
create daily.I use Chart .Copy. I copy a hidden chart 6 times with
everything selectable on it deleted. Then basically some tidied up
code from a macro including applying the usertype. This was to repeate
some event programming (mouse_down etc) withut having to get into
classes.Could I use this technique to replicate my chart type. I have
a copy of XLUSRGAL.XLS

Thanks