Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Why function generated results are not plotting correctly?

Hi,
I was trying to plot two columns of numbers that are generated by funtions
from other table. In this two columns I have 5 rows of numbers, and 5 rows
below are empty due to the condition of the function. The plot should include
the numbers in the first 5 rows, and skip the next 5 empty rows.

The plot is taking the numbers in the y axis corretly, but in the x axix I
see 1 to 6 instead of my numbers that are higher than thousand. But every
point on the plot shows the correct x,y values. I am using xy scatter plot.

Please help to solve this problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the cell look blank because a formula has returned "", then they are not
blank but contain a short text string, and a chart interprets text as a
value of zero. I don't understand from your description what's wrong with
your chart, but this is what's wrong with your data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions