Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hiding the results of a formula generated from a blank cell

Hi there,
I've very helpfully had my question regarding how to add 4 days onto a date
using a formula answered. However having set up the formula and dragged it
down the sheet the cells where the reference cell is blank are giving the
date 4-Jan-00. I understand that it must be thinking that the blank cell
represents 31-12-99 or 0 in time but I don't want that to show. How can I
hide those results? I suppose I need an if clause or somesuch?
What do you think?
Cheers,
Will
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Will

Yes a blank cell is interpreted by Excel as 00/01/1900 or 31/12/1899 and
that is exactly why you are seeing those dates.
Try
=IF(A1="","",A1+4)

--
Regards