Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default dynamic chart partial row

I am trying to create a dynamic chart (latest 25 months) using data added
monthly to columns. I have, however, uncharted data to the right of said
data (blank column separating). I've tried many OFFSET formulas with no
success. Sample data:

Col A Col B Col C Col D Etc
Entity Jan04 Feb04 Mar04 (Presently To Dec08)
A 25 17 9
B 58 22 13
C 109 39 24

TIA,
casey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Bob, your answer blows me away. I use OFFSET in its most simplest form! :-)
In your example, I first receive an error that says I have too many
arguments after the first -25. Then it shows me I have an error at the 2nd
row entry, i.e. 1:1.

Maybe I'm trying to use this in the wrong way. In the charts I'm trying to
define a name for the value of the data, then define a name(s) for a label
for the months (2 axis).

casey

"casey" wrote in message
I am trying to create a dynamic chart (latest 25 months) using data added
monthly to columns. I have, however, uncharted data to the right of said
data (blank column separating). I've tried many OFFSET formulas with no
success. Sample data:

Col A Col B Col C Col D Etc
Entity Jan04 Feb04 Mar04 (Presently To Dec08)
A 25 17 9
B 58 22 13
C 109 39 24

TIA,
casey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

casey,

the formula I gave was for all of the data, a single range. It doesn't work
in a chart as individual series formulae it seems.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"casey" wrote in message
Bob, your answer blows me away. I use OFFSET in its most simplest form!
:-)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try using a data range formula of

=OFFSET(A1,0,MATCH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY( ))-25,1),1:1,0),4,MATCH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODA Y()),1),1:1,0)-MATCH(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-25,1),1:1,0))

--
---
HTH

Bob