Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default pivot table

I have a pivot table and would like to view and change my SQL and database
link.

Are there any way to open it to debug and verify it?

I know that I can edit SQL from MS SQL if I use MS SQL to retreive data.

I could not figure to open the cub file to deit and debug.

Your inforamtion is great appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The free Pivot Play add-in, located at Debra Dalgleish's website, may help:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

It allows you to view/edit the connection and SQL code for Pivot Tables that
use external data sources. It has many other features, too.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Souris" wrote in message
I have a pivot table and would like to view and change my SQL and database
link.

Are there any way to open it to debug and verify it?

I know that I can edit SQL from MS SQL if I use MS SQL to retreive data.

I could not figure to open the cub file to deit and debug.

Your inforamtion is great appreciated,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In general, yes, you can modify saved query files.
Not sure about modifying the code for a .cub file, though. I didn't find a
way to make any changes take.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)