Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying values from pivot table to cells outside pivot table

I have what is probably a unique question, and kind of hard to explain, so I
have included a sample of how it should look. I have data in a pivot table
on Excel. It consists of employee 3, a pay code, and hours belonging to that
pay code. Each employee could have 1, 2, 3 (or more) rows of data. I want
the copy the employee's hours within the pivot table to columns that are not
within the pivot table. All of the hours have to show up on the top row for
that employee, and under a column specific to that pay code.

Below, I have a sample of how I want this to look:

(columns A, B, and C contain the pivot table; columns D and on are where I
want to copy the hours from column C. The hours should be copied to the top
row for that employee; and to the column that corresponds to the code
indicated in column B

A B C D E F
1 REG HCC ITC
SCC
2
3 ID Code Hours
4 123 REG 57.10 57.10 5.82 22.43
5 ITC 22.43
6 HCC 5.82
7
8 456 REG 62.25 62.25 27.15 3.5
9 ITC 27.15
10 SCC 3.50
11
12 789 REG 61.50 61.50 25.6
13 ITC 25.6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

More information: I figured out that I can carry over data to the
appropriate column with the following formula (using data on ID # 123 as an
example):

In column E6, I can use: =IF(B6="HCC",C6,"")

But, that only brings the value over to the correct column in the same row
where that code is. I want to bring that value up to the first row for that
employee.

"richzip" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create the desired layout with
another Pivot Table, using the same source data.
If you don't have the source data,
you can recreate it as I did.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3aech
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wonderful .that helps a lot!

One other question. .the new pivot table worked, but how do I rearrange the
orders of the paycodes across the top row? The hours under "reg" came out in
the middle, and I want it to be the first column after the ID number.

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

You can create the desired layout with
another Pivot Table, using the same source data.
If you don't have the source data,
you can recreate it as I did.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3aech

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RightClick on "Code" Field Settings Advanced
AutoSort Manual
Click on "REG"
Mouse over the cell until you get a 4-headed arrow.
Drag the cell to where you want it.