Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default pivot table

In general, yes, you can modify saved query files.
Not sure about modifying the code for a .cub file, though. I didn't find a
way to make any changes take.

--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Souris" wrote in message
Thanks it does help,
Can I just modify DBQ and DSN in oqy text file using note pad?

Thanks again,

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

The free Pivot Play add-in, located at Debra Dalgleish's website, may
help:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

It allows you to view/edit the connection and SQL code for Pivot Tables
that
use external data sources. It has many other features, too.

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Souris" wrote in message
I have a pivot table and would like to view and change my SQL and
database
link.

Are there any way to open it to debug and verify it?

I know that I can edit SQL from MS SQL if I use MS SQL to retreive
data.

I could not figure to open the cub file to deit and debug.

Your inforamtion is great appreciated,