Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Saving chart as picture - how to maintain the same size of the fil

Hi,

when I copy a chart and paste it as a picture in any photoprogram (Paint
Shop Pro or PhotoShop) I get a different size of the file if I use different
computers, screen sizes or photo programs.

I need to get the same size everytime, 640 pixels wide. Does anyone know how
to do it?
Im "willing" to use only one photo program if that solve the problem, but do
I have to use the same computer everytime with the same screen everytime?

In Paint shop Pro I can resize the picture and maintain the ratio, but it
still doesnt help me as the text in the chart gets desformed.

regards
Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could use VBA to export the chart directly to a picture, and it will
give you consistent dimensions. The command is like this:

ActiveChart.Export PathAndFileName, Filter

I recommend PNG or GIF for the filter.

If you're not comfortable with VBA, John Walkenbach's free Chart Tools
utility (http://j-walk.com) will export the chart for you.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Martin" wrote in message

when I copy a chart and paste it as a picture in any photoprogram (Paint
Shop Pro or PhotoShop) I get a different size of the file if I use
different
computers, screen sizes or photo programs.

I need to get the same size everytime, 640 pixels wide. Does anyone know
how
to do it?
Im "willing" to use only one photo program if that solve the problem, but
do
I have to use the same computer everytime with the same screen everytime?

In Paint shop Pro I can resize the picture and maintain the ratio, but it
still doesnt help me as the text in the chart gets desformed.

regards
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Saving chart as picture - how to maintain the same size of the

Thanks Jon! It was the answer of my question. I also found this help how to
make a VBA module - exporting charts to pictures.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=449

However it still didnt help my all the way as the chart also got other
"layers" of a rectangle, a text box and a figure.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you add the embellishments to the chart not to the worksheet, they will
export with the chart. Select the chart prior to clicking on the button for
the specific drawing tool, then add the object.

- Jon
-------