Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pasting Graphs To Powerpointe

I created some graphs in excell 2007, then cut and paste them in a Power
Pointe Presentation. The original Excell spreadseet was saved as Test1. The
Powerpointe was saved as Test2.

When I completed all my work I then resaved the spreadsheet as Joe1 & Saved
the corresponding powerpointe as Joe2.

Now, lets say I open up Powerpointe Joe2 and I do not have Ecell running.
When I right click on one of the graphs and select Edit Data, Excell
spreadsheet Test 1 opens. How do I make the saved powerpointe presentation
know to reference the saved Excell spreadsheet Joe1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You have to copy the chart in Joe1 and paste it into Joe2. The chart that
you copied was in Test1.

What you can do is edit the links in the PowerPoint file. I used Alt+E+K,
which is the Office 2003 key sequence, to open the Edit Links dialog. I
selected the link to Test1.xls, clicked on Change Link, and browsed to
Joe1.xls.

I don't know how to access this dialog through PowerPoint's interface, only
with Alt+E+K. I tried "edit links" in Ppt 2007 help, to no avail.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"DoubleJ" wrote in message
I created some graphs in excell 2007, then cut and paste them in a Power
Pointe Presentation. The original Excell spreadseet was saved as Test1.
The
Powerpointe was saved as Test2.

When I completed all my work I then resaved the spreadsheet as Joe1 &
Saved
the corresponding powerpointe as Joe2.

Now, lets say I open up Powerpointe Joe2 and I do not have Ecell running.
When I right click on one of the graphs and select Edit Data, Excell
spreadsheet Test 1 opens. How do I make the saved powerpointe
presentation
know to reference the saved Excell spreadsheet Joe1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I found Edit Links in PowerPoint. Big ugly round Office button Prepare
Edit Links to Files.

Bizarre.

- Jon
-------