Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Axis Formatting Problem

Hi
Can anyone help with an issue I have with Excel and creating charts. Its
only started happening since I installed 2007.

I have a separate sheet for the data, in columns with months going left to
right, one row is a target figure which never changes, and the row below is
the actual figure which varies greatly (net profit for example).

I'm trying to display it as a line graph but when I insert chart, the axis
range is - 0 to 80,000 but my chart figures are as an example, target £39,000
actual £30,000 (this figure varies).

In addition to this anomoly when you look at the graph the target line
(straight line) is running across at the right place but the actual line is
running just under the £70,000 line it goes up and down as it should but with
the wrong figures.

Is it a way I've formatted the data or am I choosing the wrong chart?

Thanks for anyone's help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It sounds as though you have selected a stacked line chart rather than a
straight line chart. Right click the chart and select Chart type and
check/change it.

--
---
HTH