Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Is there a more in-depth tutorial on conditional formatting in cha

I've seen the site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
but I don't quite "get it" . Is there a site that explains it ... more...
slowly, lol
Thanks :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

What is it you don't get?
What type of chart are you trying to create and what conditions did you
want to apply?

Basically you use a separate series for each 1 of the conditions you
have. The data in each one of the series is either present or not
depending on the result of a formula which perform the conditional test.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I could rewrite it, and type more slowly.

Seriously, as Andy said, let us know what the sticking points are, and we'll
try to clarify them. If necessary I will even edit the page.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Meenie" wrote in message
I've seen the site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
but I don't quite "get it" . Is there a site that explains it ... more...
slowly, lol
Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Is there a more in-depth tutorial on conditional formatting in

It took me a few minutes to wipe the tears of laughter out of my eyes after
that one, Jon.
After you and Andy hear my sob story, you'll probably have a headache.
My problem is pretty basic.. I don't know much about charts :)
I can make a simple one - it pretty much makes itself actually :)
This is a series of simple bar charts (I have 6 questions and 13 departments
have to audit their charts - 20 charts a month: 5 chart audits to be turned
in each week - and sent to me - The answer to each question is simply yes, no
or n/a - yesses and n/a's don't count against them, but no brings their score
down - I average their scores to get a "percentage" and enter it into my
chart each week. So with each week's info, the color of each unit's bar could
change.
I just need to use 3 different colors for the bars... It's a "dashboard"
kind of coloring... Green is Great (100%) Yellow - a little lower (80 -
99.99%) below 80% is red.
I know how to change the bar colors manually, but when you multiply the 13
units times all the audits x the number of questions, well, I'm changing bar
colors a LOT. AND there's yet another graph that takes the monthly numbers
and keeps a running ytd so I have another series of charts to keep changing.
When I look at your page with what appears to be an excel page and all the
entries in the different areas, I'm baffled. Where do you get this page and
how does it connect to the graph?
I'm sure it seems silly, but graphs are kind of a foreign land to me to
begin with (and I'm actually kind of happy with all I've learned about them -
mostly self taught -mostly just ways to make them look purdy - so I know
there's a LOT I don't know... and the formulas can just blow me away if you
get beyond the simple =sum or = average - I've gotten some fabulous help on
this site with those :) )
To put it mildly, I need the remedial class :)

"Meenie" wrote in message
I've seen the site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
but I don't quite "get it" . Is there a site that explains it ... more...
slowly, lol
Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It took me a few minutes to wipe the tears of laughter out of my eyes
after
that one, Jon.

They didn't make me MVP for nothing.

If you send me your workbook, I'll fix up a couple charts, semi documented,
so you see how I built them. Then you could follow the procedure on the
rest.

jp at peltiertech dot com

- Jon
-------

"Meenie" wrote in message
I've seen the site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
but I don't quite "get it" . Is there a site that explains it ...
more...
slowly, lol
Thanks :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon,
I sent it along to you, hope it doesn't look too goofy!
Thanks for taking a look, I really do appreciate it.
Meenie (Susan H.)

"Meenie" wrote in message
I've seen the site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html
but I don't quite "get it" . Is there a site that explains it ...
more...
slowly, lol
Thanks :)

Creating graph (floating columns with top and base depth values) Peter G. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 24th 07 05:26 PM
Pivot Tables - In Depth Cecil Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 1st 06 09:50 PM
Change depth of a surface chart rmellison Charts and Charting in Excel 2 January 10th 06 01:33 PM
Excel Depth Manish New Users to Excel 1 September 28th 05 05:19 PM
How do I make a 3 d graph using depth in Ft., a N-S direction in . psmx401 Charts and Charting in Excel 1 March 7th 05 07:33 PM