Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cecil

Default Pivot Tables - In Depth

I am an avid user of pivot tables ( mostly reports ... not so much
charts ). I know the functionality quite well but would like to "get
into" this Excel functionality much deeper. Can you recommend a good
self-teach book on this subject? I prefer learn-by-example styles of
learning books. Thank you.

--
Cecil
Cecil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29035

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish has a list of books:
http://contextures.com/xlbooks.html

In fact, one of the books on that list is hers!
Excel Pivot Tables Recipe Book: A Problem-Solution Approach
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...78343?n=283155

I'd print a copy of those PT books and visit my local bookstore/library to see
if I could find one I liked.

Cecil wrote:

I am an avid user of pivot tables ( mostly reports ... not so much
charts ). I know the functionality quite well but would like to "get
into" this Excel functionality much deeper. Can you recommend a good
self-teach book on this subject? I prefer learn-by-example styles of
learning books. Thank you.

--
Cecil
Cecil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29035
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547540

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cecil

thanks Dave
I will take your advice
always looking for that "silver bullet" book, of course!
regards, cecil.