Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts Excel 2003

I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gringarlow" wrote in message
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date
value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I made the MTD value its own series, it posts on the chart at the far left, I
would like it to show on the right, as the daily data runs left to right.
Also, doing it this way the MTD shows in the data table as a new series,
which it should, but I would like it to show as the next value in the data
table..............I tried to copy the chart here, but it won't take it.
Am I asking for the impossible?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gringarlow" wrote in message
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date
value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

1. You need N-1 blank cells at the beginning of the MTD series, to offset
the MTD value to the Nth slot on the axis.

2. I hate data tables in charts. I can't format them the way I want, I can't
include and exclude data in the table, I can only show all the data in the
chart, and nothing but the data. Don't let the limited functionality of a
data table limit your chart. You have this huge grid, set aside a piece of
it for the data you want to show, format it the way you like it, and who
cares if it isn't stitched right to the category axis?

- Jon
-------