-   -   Charts Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/174329-charts-excel-2003-a.html)

Gringarlow

Charts Excel 2003

I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Jon Peltier

Charts Excel 2003

You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gringarlow" wrote in message
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date
value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Gringarlow

Charts Excel 2003

I made the MTD value its own series, it posts on the chart at the far left, I
would like it to show on the right, as the daily data runs left to right.
Also, doing it this way the MTD shows in the data table as a new series,
which it should, but I would like it to show as the next value in the data
table..............I tried to copy the chart here, but it won't take it.
Am I asking for the impossible?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Gringarlow" wrote in message
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date
value.
I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How
can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily
trendline?

Jon Peltier

Charts Excel 2003

1. You need N-1 blank cells at the beginning of the MTD series, to offset
the MTD value to the Nth slot on the axis.

2. I hate data tables in charts. I can't format them the way I want, I can't
include and exclude data in the table, I can only show all the data in the
chart, and nothing but the data. Don't let the limited functionality of a
data table limit your chart. You have this huge grid, set aside a piece of
it for the data you want to show, format it the way you like it, and who
cares if it isn't stitched right to the category axis?

- Jon
-------