Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PA PA is offline

Default Column and Bar Charts

One simple question, How do I make the columns in a column chart wider that
they are created by Excel 2003?

Thanks for help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Double click on a column, and on the Options tab of the Format Series
dialog, reduce the Gap Width.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"PA" wrote in message
One simple question, How do I make the columns in a column chart wider
that
they are created by Excel 2003?

Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PA PA is offline

Thanks, that works, on most of our files that I experimented with. However,
the file needing to have the columns widened because they are far to narrow,
has a gap width of 10, and I do not know why.

"PA" wrote in message
One simple question, How do I make the columns in a column chart wider
that
they are created by Excel 2003?

Thanks for help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
PA said:

Thanks, that works, on most of our files that I experimented with. However,
the file needing to have the columns widened because they are far to narrow,
has a gap width of 10, and I do not know why.

Is it possible you have a cluster column chart, but that most series in
the cluster lack data values at each point?

If *all* series in the cluster lack values except one, you can set the
bar overlap to be 100%, with no ill effects.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is the X axis a date scale, but you only have one data point per week? Your
gap is comprised of six empty days' of data, plus seven times the nominal
gap. Change to a category axis type (Chart menu Chart Options Axes tab).

- Jon
-------