Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default I need help charting

I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid
and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Don't know what a cost hit is? Maybe you can show us some sample data and
tell us what kind of chart you need - pie, line, column....?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"mgm" wrote:

I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid
and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi, Thanks for your response. For example

5 companies, hit and bid
HIT BID
Mgm 1 400.00 300.00
mgm2 1000.00 500.00
mgm3 600.00 600.00
mgm4 850.00 850.00
mgm5 900.00 900.00

I would like to show in a pie or graph by vendor hit,bid

Thanks

"mgm" wrote:

I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid
and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I can't imagine a pie would make any sense for this data. Try a clustered
column chart. You should have your MGMx labels across the horizontal axis,
with side by side columns for HIT and BID.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"mgm" wrote:

I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a
cost bid
and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

This is not something that lends itself to a pie chart. Personally I agree
with Jon you should consider another chart type. For example you could make
the Bid a line chart with the Hit a column. And you could display on the
markers for the line chart.

Now here is a solution that I personally don't like but...
Choose a Radar chart type, using the second sub-type. Or use the 3rd
subtype and turn off the fill color for the Bid series and increase its
border weight and change its color.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"mgm" wrote:

I am new to charting. I need to chart 5 different companies with a cost bid
and a cost hit by company. Can you explain how. Very confused.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

mgm -

If you are interested in showing the relationship between HIT and BID for
each company, you could use an XY (Scatter) chart type.

For example, if you want to see how HIT depends on BID, your XY (Scatter)
chart would have BID on the X axis and HIT on the Y axis.

Also, you could use the add-in from
www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm to label each of the five points.

And, if you want to compare how close the HIT is to the BID, you could add
another XY data series with a line connecting point (0,0) with point
(1000,1000).

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel