Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default XY chart not dropping off to 0, when there is not value

I have a simple xy chart with months on the xxis. I am collecting data as
every month goes by. Is there a way to chart all 12 months on X axis and the
Y axis to show the plot only when it is non zero. (typically it drops off to
0, when there is not any data and have zero values). Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If the formula produces "", it has the same effect, since "" is text, and
Excel assigns a numerical value of zero to text.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
If you have a formula producing zero, replace the zero by NA().
--
David Biddulph

"drjayr2002" wrote in message
I have a simple xy chart with months on the xxis. I am collecting data as
every month goes by. Is there a way to chart all 12 months on X axis and
the
Y axis to show the plot only when it is non zero. (typically it drops off
0, when there is not any data and have zero values). Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I am having the same problem with a chart. I have tried having the formula
to produce both the "" and the NA, but I'm still getting the 0 in my chart.
Any other suggestions.

Anita

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

If the formula produces "", it has the same effect, since "" is text, and
Excel assigns a numerical value of zero to text.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
If you have a formula producing zero, replace the zero by NA().
--
David Biddulph

"drjayr2002" wrote in message
I have a simple xy chart with months on the xxis. I am collecting data as
every month goes by. Is there a way to chart all 12 months on X axis and
the
Y axis to show the plot only when it is non zero. (typically it drops off
0, when there is not any data and have zero values). Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You don't want ""
You don't want NA as a text string.
You want NA(), the function, which you'll see as a #N/A result.
--
David Biddulph