Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Value Axis compressed

In Excel 2003, I have several worksheets that include charts. These are all
standard charts created by "Insert / Chart" and formatted with Excel's chart
tools. In some of them, the value axis is highly compressed when the chart
is viewed in print preview or is printed. When viewed in normal mode, the
chart is OK. These are line graphs.

For example, even though the values are OK, the spacing of the grid in the
plot area is vertically compressed to an extreme, perhaps to as little as
one-third of its normal height. The plot area is also raised to the top of
the graph and overlays a "title" text box at the top. This makes it
impossible to print a valid chart.

This problem occurs randomly , although more often than not. When the view
is returned to normal, the chart is OK, so the chart is not actually affected
by previewing or printing.

I sincerely appreciate any help or ideas you may have. Many thanks --