Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mvyvoda

Default Compressed Outlined Data Copy

I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all
the rows when they are expanded.

When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within
the group, and not just the compressed data. For example:

I need just the following (which is compressed):
Ship $ Line
$5,278.00 CYP Total
$133,122.00 TI Total
$34,660,135.00 Vic Total
$34,798,535.00 Grand Total

when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the
compression), it pastes 16 lines:

Ship $ Line
$123.00 CYP
$44.00 CYP
$4,444.00 CYP
$667.00 CYP
$5,278.00 CYP Total
$123,124.00 TI
$444.00 TI
$666.00 TI
$8,888.00 TI
$133,122.00 TI Total
$34,653,465.00 Vic
$4.00 Vic
$6,666.00 Vic
$34,660,135.00 Vic Total
$34,798,535.00 Grand Total

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:
After selecting the range you want....
EditGoto
click the [Special Cells] button
Select: Visible Cells only
Click the [OK] button

Then you can Copy/Paste SpecialValues only the visible cells.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"mvyvoda" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mvyvoda

Ron Coderre, you're my hero. I actually tried that a while ago, but I must
have done something wrong.

Thanks so much,
Mark

"mvyvoda" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Thanks for the feedback....I'm glad that worked for you.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro