Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Placing an Axis Break on the Y axis

I am using Excel 2007 and I have data that I need to display on one
scatter plot. However, the initial value for one variable on the
graph dwarfs the rest of the data. I want to insert a break in the y-
axis for units. For example the y values from 5-20 are useless to my
data. So I want to remove those values from the y-axis. If I could
take them out it would show greater detail in the variation below 5.
I know this is possible in other programs, but I would prefer to do
all of my graphs in excel. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Here are some examples of broken a axis, which should work in xl2007.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...ial/index.html
http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

Cheers