Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Toolbox is dimmed

I need to add and format few controls to a chart (assign a color and/or a
macro to each of them). When I select View Toolbox, it pops up, but all
controls are dimmed. I can switch to Design Mode in and out, but in both
cases controls are dimmed and I can not select it... (I need checkbox,
textbox and label)

Related question: How do I group them together in a rectangular agea when I
finally learn how to put them on the chart?

I use two types of charts - radar and bar chart - hope that is irrelevant...

thanks you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

The toolbox is dimmed because ActiveX controls, those from the Control
Toolbox toolbar, can not be embedded within a chart or chart object.
If you want controls within a chart you will need to use the Forms Control
toolbar.

The frame control could be use to place a border around all the controls.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel