Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janine

Default MS Excel: Why would the Goal Seek option be dimmed for a book?

I am intrigued with a fact:
I have an Excel book from a student in which the Goal Seek oprion is dimmed
out and I would like to know why. I have also noticed that on the title bar
there is the following text after the book name: [Group]
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When you see [Group] in the title bar, it means that at least two worksheets are
selected (grouped).

This means that almost anything you do to one of those grouped sheets, you do to
each in that group.

Just rightclick on one of the worksheet tabs and select Ungroup Sheets.

Lots of stuff is disabled when you have grouped sheets.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

The [Group] indicator in the title bar indicates that you have
two or more worksheets simultaneously selected, and that a change
to one worksheet will be made to all grouped worksheets. Look
down at the sheet tabs; those in white are the grouped sheets.
Some operations, such as Goal Seek, are not allowed when
worksheets are grouped.

Right-click on a sheet tab and choose UnGroup Sheets. Note,
though, that you may well have already made changes to all the
group sheets.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson