Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Janine

Default MS Excel: Why would the Goal Seek option be dimmed for a book?

Thank you!!! :)

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

The [Group] indicator in the title bar indicates that you have
two or more worksheets simultaneously selected, and that a change
to one worksheet will be made to all grouped worksheets. Look
down at the sheet tabs; those in white are the grouped sheets.
Some operations, such as Goal Seek, are not allowed when
worksheets are grouped.

Right-click on a sheet tab and choose UnGroup Sheets. Note,
though, that you may well have already made changes to all the
group sheets.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Janine" wrote in message
I am intrigued with a fact:
I have an Excel book from a student in which the Goal Seek
oprion is dimmed
out and I would like to know why. I have also noticed that on
the title bar
there is the following text after the book name: [Group]
Thank you for any help you can provide!