Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Not Charting Zero Values

Hello Group,
I've done a lot of searching and have seen some info on eliminating
the zero values in charts but nothing seems to work for me so far.
Here's what I'm working with:
-Excel 2002
-A dashboard like worksheet pulling data from another worksheet and
bar charts being generated from that

Here's what I'd like to do:
-Have the bar charts display only the non-zero values
-Display only the top 10 values out of however many non-zero values
there are

Here's an example of what I'm working with to generate the bar charts
(forgive any weird formatting):

Sponsor Count
Name1 12
Name2 72
Name3 0
Name4 105

The Sponsor column is currently static and filled in before the data
is dumped in the Data sheet. The count fields are displaying the
results of an equation that pulls info from another sheet. That
equation is:
=COUNTIF('Data'!H:H,A2)

In this case, A2 is the cell where "Name1" is entered and the Data
reference is where all the raw data is dumped.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Suppose your data is in cells A1:B100.
1. Select that range and build your chart.
2. Select the range again and choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter.
3. Open the filter in the Count column and choose Top 10.
4. Set the second box to any value you wish.

This should work fine as long as you don't have almost all zeros. If that
is likely let us know.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire