Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rob Rob is offline

Default Xaxis labels disappear.

I have a simple bar chart. I can not get the Xaxis Title or category labels
to appear correctly.

I have defined one series with 13 values. I want the values to show below
the lines instead on top of the bars ?

Thanks rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Rob,

It doesn't put the values below the axis, if that's what you mean by "below the lines." It
will put the values (and/or category name and/or series name) above the columns. This is
for Excel 2003. You don't say which version you have, and it varies. You can fake it out
by including a second series with nothing in the cells. Then it will put the values inside
the column, which is possibly what you want. The series will show up in the legend, but
since you have only one real series, you don't need the legend anyway, so you can remove it.

If this isn't what you want, be more specific about what you have, and what you want. Is it
a column chart (often called a bar chart, but a bar chart actually runs horizontally)? Do
you want the values to show up inside the columns?
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...