Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JN JN is offline

Default budget chart

how do I show positive & negative numbers on a base line? Example:

Col A Col B
100 200
300 200

I'd like to show a line chart that has Col B as the base line (budget) with
Col A reflecting activity - in the example above, Col B would be "0" on the
chart with Col A1 showing negative (above or under budget) and A2 showing
positive (below or above budget)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
JN said:

100 200
300 200

I'd like to show a line chart that has Col B as the base line (budget) with
Col A reflecting activity - in the example above, Col B would be "0" on the
chart with Col A1 showing negative (above or under budget) and A2 showing
positive (below or above budget)

Here's what you have to do to get that:

Activity
0 -100
0 100

Type those in, taking care to put "Activity" in the cell above "-100",
then create a chart using the Chart Wizard.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you double click the Y axis, and choose 200 for where the category axis
crosses, A1 will display as a column which stretches from the new axis at
200 down to 100, and A2 will display as a column reaching up from the new
axis at 200 to 300. If B1 and B2 are plotted on the same chart, they will
both show no bars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

JN said:

100 200
300 200

I'd like to show a line chart that has Col B as the base line (budget)
with
Col A reflecting activity - in the example above, Col B would be "0" on
the
chart with Col A1 showing negative (above or under budget) and A2 showing
positive (below or above budget)

Here's what you have to do to get that:

Activity
0 -100
0 100

Type those in, taking care to put "Activity" in the cell above "-100",
then create a chart using the Chart Wizard.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,