Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default A graph based on the possible values in a cell

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that is fairly complicated, and spreads over a few
sheets.
I have one summary page where I can change values and be given the results
on the same page, whilst all the background work goes on in other sheets.
Is it possible to insert a graph that follows the value of one cell as the
value of another changes. That is, it tests values (say between 1 and 100) in
A1 and plots the effect of this on B1. I cant actually just fill for all the
values because its all based on this one cell (A1), so i have to change it
manually for different answers.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Raget said:
I have one summary page where I can change values and be given the results
on the same page, whilst all the background work goes on in other sheets.
Is it possible to insert a graph that follows the value of one cell as the
value of another changes. That is, it tests values (say between 1 and 100) in
A1 and plots the effect of this on B1. I cant actually just fill for all the
values because its all based on this one cell (A1), so i have to change it
manually for different answers.

Create a pair of columns, the first of which models a population of
example values for A1, and the second of which reads that population and
calculates what the equivalent B1 would be.

I must confess I'm not seeing what your problem is.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Well the problem is that I am not sure how to do that. the B values are not
simply a formula based on the A values. It goes through an entire process.
But if you could tell me how to do what you have suggested that would be
great.
Thanks

Raget said:
I have one summary page where I can change values and be given the results
on the same page, whilst all the background work goes on in other sheets.
Is it possible to insert a graph that follows the value of one cell as the
value of another changes. That is, it tests values (say between 1 and 100) in
A1 and plots the effect of this on B1. I cant actually just fill for all the
values because its all based on this one cell (A1), so i have to change it
manually for different answers.

Create a pair of columns, the first of which models a population of
example values for A1, and the second of which reads that population and
calculates what the equivalent B1 would be.

I must confess I'm not seeing what your problem is.

--
Del Cotter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could set up a data table:

An overview of data tables in Excel 2003 and in Excel 2007 (Microsoft)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282852

Data Table Basics (Daily Dose)
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...-table-basics/

Automating without code (Dermot Balson)