Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rianne

Default Bar Graph - Values from one cell, data from another FAST formating

I do a LOT of identically formatted graphs, and am trying to find a way to
speed up the process of changing the data label on a "Change From" column. I
have to keep this year's data, and indicate a change from last year. I used
text boxes, but I found that if I insert an additional series in the graph
and give it a value outside of the range of the X- axis, so the actual text
lines up on the outside end of the page it lines up perfectly with the bars
so I don't have to move them (with 100% overlap, and no formatting on the
actual bars themselves). However I then have to select each and every data
label and have it correspond to the cell with the real data in it (ie:
selected data label =$B$3) This can get very tedious when you have hundreds
of these graphs to do. Is there a better, faster, smarter way?????

Bar Value Change Value Value Outside Graph

A 585 10 615
B 378 7 615
C 442 35 615
D 427 (11) 615
E 411 6 615
F 397 21 615
G 391 17 615
H 381 14 615

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rianne

Nevermind!!!

After looking through the posts for about 2 house I finally found what I
needed. thanks Andy Pope!!