Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MK MK is offline

Default hotfix works!

I complained in a recent posting about very very slow refresh times for Excel
2007 charts, especially for charts whose axis were not default ranges or for
worksheets with large data sets. I am pleased to say that the hotfix posted
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538 has provided an incredible increase
in speed. There is now almost no perceptible chart redraw or refresh time,
even in a very large data set with more than 70K rows. Wow!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

My personal experience was that the hotfix did improve chart redrawing
significantly, but it was still vastly slower than in 2003. A colleague
shared actual times with me that validated my unscientific conclusions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"mk" wrote in message
I complained in a recent posting about very very slow refresh times for
Excel
2007 charts, especially for charts whose axis were not default ranges or
for
worksheets with large data sets. I am pleased to say that the hotfix
posted
at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538 has provided an incredible
increase
in speed. There is now almost no perceptible chart redraw or refresh
time,
even in a very large data set with more than 70K rows. Wow!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I suspect "mk" is in the employ of Microsoft.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
I complained in a recent posting about very very slow refresh times for
Excel 2007 charts, especially for charts whose axis were not default ranges or
for worksheets with large data sets. I am pleased to say that the hotfix
posted at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538 has provided an incredible
increase in speed. There is now almost no perceptible chart redraw or refresh
time, even in a very large data set with more than 70K rows. Wow!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MK MK is offline

Jim:
Unfortunately a "no" to your claim. I work at a NW area university and am a
long time and heavy user of Excel. I was amazed at the response (and still
am).
mk