Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default VBA to draw lines of SPC

Hi
I need a simple sub VBA to draw 3 red lines of mean, upper/lower control
limits (3 sigma). How can I do that?
Thnks for your help.
Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi

No need for VBA. See here for suggestions on how to add datum lines to
charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

Cheers
Andy

Daniel wrote:
Hi
I need a simple sub VBA to draw 3 red lines of mean, upper/lower control
limits (3 sigma). How can I do that?
Thnks for your help.
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Andy
But I need a dynamic chart when data grow the SPC lines expand too.
I just need a macro to draw lines of mean and upper/lower 3 sigma control
lines
Thnks
Daniel

Daniel wrote:
Hi
I need a simple sub VBA to draw 3 red lines of mean, upper/lower control
limits (3 sigma). How can I do that?
Thnks for your help.
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

And.
The lines are based on the charted data so the values will change when
the data changes.

If you draw lines you will need to run vba each time.

Jon has pages for dynamic data in charts

But if you really must draw over the chart this may help.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

Cheers
Andy

Daniel wrote:

Hi
I need a simple sub VBA to draw 3 red lines of mean, upper/lower control
limits (3 sigma). How can I do that?
Thnks for your help.
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I guess you didn't read the article too closely. The error bars that account
for the lines stretch as the number of points in the chart increases, and
the points for the Y values of the three lines also move as the data
changes. You can make the chart series dynamic using an approach like this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html

Using a macro is not generally the easier way to do anything involving
charts. Using a macro is less tedious to use if you have to do things
frequently, but constructing such a macro is not such a trivial exercise.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions