Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Create pivot table, error "Range is not valid"

I made a pivot table with dynamic range and below is my offset function
the name is defined "finacialoffset"
the worksheet name is " financial"
the number of column is 6

=OFFSET(finanancial!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(financial!$A:$ A),6)

BUT I have error as above! when I put this name in wizard

Any comment are welcome

Thanks
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The first sheet name in the offset formula is spelled incorrectly --
finanancial

If that's not the problem, what error do you get?
Is there a heading in each cell in the first row of the source data?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorry miss spelled the first sheet name but that is not a problem.

THe error is " reference is not valid" ??

and there is a heading in each cell in the first row of the source data
but I changed to A2 and still not working

=OFFSET(financial!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(financial!$A:$A) ,6)

Thanks for your help
Daniel

Daniel wrote:
I made a pivot table with dynamic range and below is my offset function
the name is defined "finacialoffset"
the worksheet name is " financial"
the number of column is 6

=OFFSET(finanancial!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(financial!$A:$ A),6)

BUT I have error as above! when I put this name in wizard

Any comment are welcome

Thanks
Daniel

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Choose InsertNameDefine, and click on the FinancialOffset name
Then, click in the formula in the Refers to box.
Is the range that you expected selected on the worksheet?