Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graphically present salary increments/yr

Hi,

I have the salary increases (deltas/increments) since 2002 for my dept. and
I want my increments for each year in the same (appropriate and neat) chart
as my collegues or collegue's increment/s. How do I best make this work in
Excel so it is gets "as clear as possible" ?

Erica
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I would create a simple bar chart with each bar showing a different salary
increment. Keep the formatting and colors to a minimum so they are not
distractors.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Erica" wrote:

Hi,

I have the salary increases (deltas/increments) since 2002 for my dept. and
I want my increments for each year in the same (appropriate and neat) chart
as my collegues or collegue's increment/s. How do I best make this work in
Excel so it is gets "as clear as possible" ?

Erica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,
Would the simple bar solution be able to show my increments too or would it be
too much of a distraction ?

erica

"Erica" wrote:

Hi,

I have the salary increases (deltas/increments) since 2002 for my dept. and
I want my increments for each year in the same (appropriate and neat) chart
as my collegues or collegue's increment/s. How do I best make this work in
Excel so it is gets "as clear as possible" ?

Erica

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Is this one set of data for the department, or one set for each member of
the department?

In any case, I'd start by calculating the percent increase each year, then
plot this percentage vs. year in a line chart, either one line for
department and one for yourself, or one line per member of the department.
The way this first chart looks would guide how I follow up, to make the
chart easier to read, or to change what data is plotted to show it
differently.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP