Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Graphically display data on a number line

I want to graphically display a row of numerical data I've got in an Excel
worksheet on a number line instead of a chart. Is there a way of doing this
in Excel or any other Office application?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

1) put the text in A1:A10
2) the x-values (for the number line) in B1:B10
3) In C1:C10 enter .5
4) Format the y-axis range 0 to 1; format x-axis to cross at 0.5 on y
4) Make an XY chart from B1:C10
5) Use Bovey labeller www.appspro.com to get the text as labels
6) format the chart, removing y-axis, plot area, etc; and make the vertical
dimension small (may need to adjust the font sizes)

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme