Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stack Chart

I see that there have been a lot of comments on multiple charts, but I need
some more help with them.

I am using Excel 2007 and the file is in compatiable mode. I have a chart
that is a mixed of a column and stack column. In Excel 97 everything works
like a champ, but when I pull it into Excel 2007 it is all messed up.

I have tried to recreate the chart, but it seems like certain data gets hid
behind others. So what I want to do is to create a chart that looks like
this.

c ac ad
c ac ac
ab ab ac
ab ab ab
Jan 07 Feb 07 Mar 07

I have followed the way to create the chart from
people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/columns.htm. When I get to step 4, I'm not
sure what to uncheck in Excel 2007 and then when I get to step 6, certain
data gets lost.

So I need the solution to get a combination chart built in Excel 2007 and
the file in compatiable mode.

Thanks for the help
Terry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It's too bad MS took away the easy to use dialogs from Excel 97-2003. What
you need to do in Step 4 is go to the ribbon, Chart Tools Layout tab
Axes group Secondary Horizontal Axis Show Default Axis option. Then go
to the ribbon, Chart Tools Layout tab Axes group Secondary Vertical
Axis None option.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Harddrive747" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Jon, thanks for the information. I was finally able to get it with your
help. I had to make one change because the part about "Secondary Horizontal
Axis Show Default Axis option." wasn't clear to me.

What I had to do was to go to Chart tools layout tab Axes group
SEcondary Horizontal Axis More secondary horizonatl Axis options. Then I

had to select the Axis type and when I make it text axis, it fell into place.

Then I had to hide everything else and it worked like a champ.

So there is a minor change to what needs to happen.

Again thanks for the information and help.