Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do i add a scroll bar to a line chart?

Im trying to put a scroll bar on a line chart in excel 2007 using 3 lines of
horizontal data from another worksheet, the top line is the period
labels(p1,p2,p3 etc) the other 2 lines underneath are performance figures and
the target amount, i want to display any 12 periods of 24 depending on where
i set the scroller, i know its the OFFSET functon but im having trouble
figuring out how to name the ranges etc i can't seem to get the scroller to
work. I could do with step by step instructions!!
Any help would be really greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you go to my site and send me an email with an example of your data, I'll
attempt to put together an example and send it back to you.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"jackrobyn1" wrote:

Im trying to put a scroll bar on a line chart in excel 2007 using 3 lines of
horizontal data from another worksheet, the top line is the period
labels(p1,p2,p3 etc) the other 2 lines underneath are performance figures and
the target amount, i want to display any 12 periods of 24 depending on where
i set the scroller, i know its the OFFSET functon but im having trouble
figuring out how to name the ranges etc i can't seem to get the scroller to
work. I could do with step by step instructions!!
Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I replied too fast - Andy Pope has an example on his site which should help:

http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net