Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default column size mis-match

Hello,

In 3 of my stacked-column charts, the display size of one or more of the
columns is smaller than the actual number it represents. When sliding my
mouse over the column, is says 1,000: when looking at the column size vs the
chart y-axis, is says 750. On another, it is 500 vs 250. In another chart,
the numbers 332 and 782 are displayed as zero. When I change one of the
numbers to 9999, is suddenly does display properly.

How is this possible?

A despairing texas Tonie!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If it's a 3D chart, switch it back to a 2D chart.

In stacked column charts, remember that the columns are additive, although
your description implies that it was over-added.

The numbers displayed as zero: were they imported from another app? Are they
text values that only look like numbers? Change the cells' horizontal
alignment to General: if the numbers are not right aligned within the cells,
then Excel doesn't realize they are numbers. To convert: copy a blank cell,
select the misbehaving cells, and use Edit menu Paste Special
Operation - Add. Adding text values forces Excel to try to evaluate the text
as numerical values, so this trick usually converts numbers stored as text
to real numbers.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP