Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default X and Y axes

I have created a line chart with the x and y axes.
The x axis ranges from -10 to +10.

This is exactly a graphing problem in math!

How can I make a vertical line appear, such as x=1???

This would be a vertical line extending up and down to infinity!

Thanks,
FLKulchar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
F. Lawrence Kulchar said:

I have created a line chart with the x and y axes.
The x axis ranges from -10 to +10.

This is exactly a graphing problem in math!

How can I make a vertical line appear, such as x=1???

Line chart types are not well suited to doing mathematical graphing. Use
an XY chart type instead.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

And where can I nfind an XY chart type??
Thanks,
FLKulchar
F. Lawrence Kulchar said:

I have created a line chart with the x and y axes.
The x axis ranges from -10 to +10.

This is exactly a graphing problem in math!

How can I make a vertical line appear, such as x=1???

Line chart types are not well suited to doing mathematical graphing. Use
an XY chart type instead.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Same place you found the line chart, a couple of items lower in the dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions