Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Gantt chart colour change

I have created a gantt chart using a stacked bar chart and hiding the first
series. The tasks also have a different priority. Is htere a way I can use VB
to change the colour of each task bar depending on the priority. I have 3
prioritys, either high medium or low.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Bill Gates said:
I have created a gantt chart using a stacked bar chart and hiding the first
series. The tasks also have a different priority. Is htere a way I can use VB
to change the colour of each task bar depending on the priority. I have 3
prioritys, either high medium or low.

Why would you resort to VBA, instead of simply having three data
columns?

--
Del Cotter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Bill Gates said:
"Del Cotter" wrote:
I have created a gantt chart using a stacked bar chart and hiding
the first series. The tasks also have a different priority. Is htere
a way I can use VB to change the colour of each task bar depending
on the priority. I have 3 prioritys, either high medium or low.

Why would you resort to VBA, instead of simply having three data
columns?

It is in one column because it is linked to a list in a share point site so I
can't mess with the formatting as it would mess up the list in share point.

That's what helper columns are for.

--
Del Cotter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The helper columns are set up to have either zero value or the value of the
original column if the condition is met. See this Conditional Charts
tutorial:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

It might also be helpful to see how to show percent complete using two
series, one each for complete and incomplete:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html

Imagine bars where one or the other of incomplete/complete are zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

Bill Gates said:
"Del Cotter" wrote:
I have created a gantt chart using a stacked bar chart and hiding the
first series. The tasks also have a different priority. Is htere a way
I can use VB to change the colour of each task bar depending on the
priority. I have 3 prioritys, either high medium or low.

Why would you resort to VBA, instead of simply having three data
columns?

It is in one column because it is linked to a list in a share point site
so I
can't mess with the formatting as it would mess up the list in share
point.

That's what helper columns are for.

--
Del Cotter
NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
,