Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Cannot see graph lines on the chart

I've created a chart with 3 data series. I chose "lines with markers" as the
format. For each series, the data markers appear correctly, but there are no
graph lines joining them up. I've checked out "Format data series" ....
Pattern tab .... and can see the lines in the sample, but they just don't
appear on the chart.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Are the values of the series within the range of the axes scale?

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Guy" wrote in message
I've created a chart with 3 data series. I chose "lines with markers" as
the
format. For each series, the data markers appear correctly, but there are
no
graph lines joining them up. I've checked out "Format data series" ....
Pattern tab .... and can see the lines in the sample, but they just don't
appear on the chart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the chart and use the menu, Tools Options Chart. Check the
interpolate option in order to get the lines plotted.

You have points for the category axis but not corresponding y value. The
current setting for empty cells is not to plot, which is why the points
are there for data with no line joining the points.
With the interpolate option a line will be plotted between points.

Cheers
Andy

Guy wrote:
Andy - yes.