Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel - Plot Coordinates in a graph

Is it possible to plot coordinates in a graph. If i have a column, for
instance, A with a value of 12 and a column, B, with a value of 8, then can I
create a graph which will plot a point at 12,8?

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Yes, use the chart type xy-scatter markers only.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Cheers, I do this but i keep getting 2 seperate points. Please see table
below. I have 2 criteria, influence and alignment. I want the point on the
graph to be (13,11) but i get 2 dots when doing an xy scattergraph, one at 13
and one at 11. I've gone through and tried changing axis etc but can't get a
single point instead of two.

Influence Alignment
Dr Who 13 11
Dr Spock 16 10
Dr No 17 7

McQuaid wrote:
Is it possible to plot coordinates in a graph. If i have a column, for
instance, A with a value of 12 and a column, B, with a value of 8, then can I
create a graph which will plot a point at 12,8?

Please help!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you select the column with names then yes you will get two series.

Just select the xy pair. To apply a textual data label use this free
addin to link data labels to cells.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy