Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default SS has external ref. I want to delete but I cant find it anywhere

I have a SS that has an obselete external ref. I want to delete, but I cant
find it anywhere. I can't find it in any formula or range name.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

chart?
defined name?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JSNoyes" wrote in message
I have a SS that has an obselete external ref. I want to delete, but I can't
find it anywhere. I can't find it in any formula or range name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

There is an add-in that can zap this phantom references. Can't rember the
name of it.
Try this.
http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/...05/index1.html

Then there is a trick if you can see the reference in Menu/Edit/Links.
You can modify the reference so that the link is on the current sheet.
That used to work too.

O.J.
& A.K.F.

"Don Guillett" a écrit dans le message de news:
chart?
defined name?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JSNoyes" wrote in message
I have a SS that has an obselete external ref. I want to delete, but I
can't
find it anywhere. I can't find it in any formula or range name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's site.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Default.htm

Click on link to MVP's

With this add-in you can find and delete links if any exist.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
chart?
defined name?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"JSNoyes" wrote in message
I have a SS that has an obselete external ref. I want to delete, but I
can't
find it anywhere. I can't find it in any formula or range name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default SS has external ref. I want to delete but I can't find it anyw

When I try to change the source file to the current one it gives me an error
message that it it an invalid external reference. I will try the add-in you
suggested. Thank-You.

"JSNoyes" wrote in message
I have a SS that has an obselete external ref. I want to delete, but I
can't
find it anywhere. I can't find it in any formula or range name.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I went to the site you recommended and followed the recommended debugging
steps. It had several I never thought of. The one of successively deleting
sheets to find which one had the link took me to a page I had imported from
another SS. It must have had a link in one of the cells I subsequently
blanked because a check of every cell revealed no links. Deleting that page
corrected the phantom link problem.

Thanks for your help.

John Noyes