Ron

Default Can't find macro in an Excel file to delete it

One of my Excel data files opens with the Macro Security Warning. I don't
know of a Macro in this file. If I go to the Tools menu and open Macros, it
does not show any macros. How do I delete this? Is there a macro hidden
that I can't see?
Anne Troy

Try this, Ron:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel .htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Ron" <Ron @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
One of my Excel data files opens with the Macro Security Warning. I don't
know of a Macro in this file. If I go to the Tools menu and open Macros,

it
does not show any macros. How do I delete this? Is there a macro hidden
that I can't see?

Bob Phillips

You may have macros with arguments (they don't show), or even empty code
modules.

here is a nice post from Ken Wright on this

Hit ALT+F11 and this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)

Top left you will hopefully see an explorer style pane. Within this pane
you
need to search for your workbook's name, and when you find it you may need
to click on the + to
expand it.

Within that you should see the following:-

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1(Sheet1)
Sheet2(Sheet2)
Sheet3(Sheet3)
ThisWorkbook
Modules
Module1
Module2
etc etc (You may have just 1 of these)

If you have named your sheets then those names will appear in the brackets
above as opposed to what you see at the moment in my note.

Right click on the modules and select remove. When prompted with a question
re exporting, just hit no. Then hit File / Close and return to Microsoft
Excel and save the file.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips