Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DC DC is offline

Default adding cells within a cell

I need to add 3 or 4 cells into a cell, that is part of a function that
totals the formulated cells.
what I am trying to do is total at the bottom but I have 3 different amounts
in one cell, and just one amount in the others and it won't add the three in
the top cell so what I want to do is separate the cell with the three totals.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Why don't you just increase the size of the range you're summing over?

The thing with Excel is, if you do your data right, you'll save lots of
aggravation. Five minutes with the data can save five hours of trouble. You
could probably write a custom function to parse an input cell and sum the
individual values, and so forth, but there's no native function to do that,
and the effort spent to do such a thing would not be worth it.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions