Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Default Adding 2 cells together and paste into 1 cell

Hello from Steved

In a Worksheet called 1st Week in Col "A" I have "City" and "Panmure", and
in Col "B" to Col "H" I have Data.

I would like the formula to find City in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the
second Col "B" ( 1st Week ) capture the data from that cell, then find
Panmure in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the second Col "B" ( 1st Week )
capture the data from that cell, and now paste the Captured Data in worksheet
Called Summary.

Thankyou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

I wasn't quite sure if this is what you want but this will sum all data in
column B where column A has "City" or "Panmure".

Insert in cell in Summary.

=SUMPRODUCT(('1st Week'!A2:A5={"City","Panmure"})*('1st Week'!B2:B5))

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

In a Worksheet called 1st Week in Col "A" I have "City" and "Panmure", and
in Col "B" to Col "H" I have Data.

I would like the formula to find City in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the
second Col "B" ( 1st Week ) capture the data from that cell, then find
Panmure in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the second Col "B" ( 1st Week )
capture the data from that cell, and now paste the Captured Data in worksheet
Called Summary.

Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steved

Hello from Steved

The below is giving me a #VALUE!

=SUMPRODUCT(('1st Week'!A1:A2000={"City","Panmure"})*('1st Week'!B1:B2000))

Any idea's please as to what might be.

Thankyou.

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

In a Worksheet called 1st Week in Col "A" I have "City" and "Panmure", and
in Col "B" to Col "H" I have Data.

I would like the formula to find City in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the
second Col "B" ( 1st Week ) capture the data from that cell, then find
Panmure in Col "A" ( 1st Week ) then From the second Col "B" ( 1st Week )
capture the data from that cell, and now paste the Captured Data in worksheet
Called Summary.

Thankyou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greg Wilson

Toppers' formula works for me. The most likely cause of the #Value error with
your formula is having text in column B. There need only be a single cell
containing text in B1:B2000.

Regards,
Greg