Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How can i get my titles to appear on charts? (phantom)...

My titles show up in the "Chart Options" menu. they are in black font on a
grey background. They simple do not appear on my chart itself. I finally
found my title block and it is MICRO in size, i can't even grab the handles
to make it larger, only move it around. my axis titles aren't on there at
all though! Any idea what is causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can select chart elements using the Chart Object dropdown on the Chart
toolbar, which generally floats on screen when a chart is selected. A lot of
people freak out and turn it off, however, and never again have access to
this handy tool. If you can't find your chart toolbar, select a chart, then
on the View menu select Toolbar, then select Chart from the list of
toolbars. Use the dropdown on the left of the toolbar to locate the titles.
Select one, then if it's hardly visible, press CTRL+1 to open the format
dialog, and increase the font size to something legible, like 8 or 10. The
handles around the title are only to highlight them when selected; they do
not allow resizing.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP