Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J. T. C.

Default Automated titles for charts

I have 60 - 70 Charts that I need to develop. All of them will have the same
basic layout only with different data and titles. Is there a way for me to
link the title of a chart back to a cell in a worksheet?

This would allow me to just make one chart, duplicate it, and then modify
the cell references for the data including the title.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JonR

When you crate your chart, don't use the chart title, or if you do, put
somethign in there just as a placeholder, since you'll be deleting it (that
way the chart size will adjust to accomodate for the space).

Delete your title box on the chart. Draw a text box where the title was.
Whith your text box active, click in the formula window and type
='SheetName'!A1 where SheetName is the name of the sheet and A1 is the cell
where the title resides. Whatever is in that cell will display in the text
box, which can be formatted to look like a title. You must type that into
the formula bar at the top. If you type it into the text box as if you were
entering text, the box will display the formula, not the value in the
referenced cell.

HTH

JonR